Navigating 2014(2)


In the previous post, I started a series from Philippians 3:13-14, bringing out some lessons which I believed will be relevant for the New Year.  Today, I bring you the concluding points.

5. Focus on your Assignment
I press toward THE MARK for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 3:14).
Yes, you can do many things. I agree. You're highly gifted, there's no doubt about that. But the fact is that you can't excel at everything. You can't appeal to everyone. You don't have to necessarily follow the trend. You have to stand out. You have to pursue God's purpose for YOU. There are great ideas all around you but you can't just pick any idea and implement.

To be successful, you need to aim at a goal; a specific goal. Your God given goal! Watch the phrase “...The Mark...” The mark can also be considered as the standard, the assignment, the purpose or reason for which Paul was called. Paul‘s assignment was clearly spelt out when Jesus stopped him on the way to Damascus. He was called to the Gentiles: “...Depart: for I will send thee far hence unto the Gentiles.” (Acts 22:21).