Sunday 15 June 2014

God's Unwavering Love


The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;his mercies never come to an end they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.(Lamentations 3:22-23 ESV ).
Lamentations, as the name suggests ---weeping, dirge---is a book written to mourn the destruction of the Holy Temple in Jerusalem. Popularly ascribed to the prophet Jeremiah who is also described as the weeping prophet, Lamentations 3, where we find vs 22-23, paints a very sad and hopeless picture .

" I am the man that hath seen affliction by the rod of his wrath. He hath led me, and brought me into darkness, but not into light. Surely against me is he turned; he turneth his hand against me all the day. My flesh and my skin hath he made old; he hath broken my bones.He hath builded against me, and compassed me with gall and travail. He hath set me in dark places, as they that be dead of old. He hath hedged me about, that I cannot get out: he hath made my chain heavy.Also when I cry and shout, he shutteth out my prayer. " (Lamentation 3:1-8KJV)

However, as gloomy as the situation was, it's heartwarming and comforting the author of Lamentations still found the strength to pen the words : "The steadfast(unwavering, persistent, firm) love of the Lord never ceases" .

That should be our attitude: things might not always go as we expect. In fact, life presents everyone of us with our fair share of troubles, pain, hurts , disappointments and challenges . But in the midst of it all, we have a God whose “ steadfast love never ceases". That's enough a guarantee to keep our heads up. Whatever life throws at us, we are persuaded nothing, absolutely nothing can separate us form the steadfast love of God.

As a new week begins, may you have  a blessed and wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When Was The Last TIme You Read The BIble? TIps To Help You

You know this popular children chorus right? Read your Bible. Pray every day (repeat 3 times). Read your Bible. Pray every day....