Wednesday 3 September 2014

Seeking For Truth: Lessons From John Chapter 3

6: Born A Christian: A Great Deception..
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.(vs 6).
Today, I have a few questions for those who call themselves Christians. Why are you a Christian? Is it because you were born into a christian home?

Maybe Christianity is all you have known and  grown up with. Are you a Christian on the grounds of having grown in a Christian home? Great deception! You are heading towards hell if you don't pull your breaks and reconsider your beliefs.

I grew up in a christian home: Raised and groomed by Christian parents. In fact, at a point in my growing up, my dad quit a rewarding career to become a Pastor. So, not only was I raised by Christian parents, I became a PK (Pastor's kid). But, at a certain phase of my life, with understanding into what it means to be a Christian, I  had to come to Christ in faith, repent of my sins, confess Him as Lord and Saviour and open up my heart to Him to be Lord over my life. I am in no way underestimating the impact of godly parenting. Scripture is clear about that:
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it (Proverbs 22:6). 
This presents us with a fundamental truth to consider:

Your parents might have inculcated in you the best of Christian disciplines, but, that, without saving faith in Christ as Lord and personal Saviour doesn't make you a Christian. So, I am a Christian not because dad is a Pastor or was born into a Christian home, but because I have a personal relationship with Christ. Yes, a personal relationship. You cannot inherit your parent's faith. God is not a grandfather. He has got no grandchildren. He is only a Father to those who come into relationship with Him through professing Christ as Lord and Saviour:
...if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."( Romans 10:9-10).
Would you take sometime to muse over whether you are truly saved. You don't want to live a lie, get to the other side and painfully hear Jesus say "...I never knew you: depart from me..." (Matthew 7:23).


No comments:

Post a Comment

When Was The Last TIme You Read The BIble? TIps To Help You

You know this popular children chorus right? Read your Bible. Pray every day (repeat 3 times). Read your Bible. Pray every day....