Sunday 10 November 2013

GOD IS FAITHFUL



Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me (Isaiah 49:15-16).

Isn’t the word of God so true? “Can a woman forget her sucking child?” We obviously know the answer. As much as we all revere the love of a mother, we are fully aware in their humanity, they can disappoint us.  In the media, stories of mothers, nursing mothers, who abandon their babies, abound in our days. In vs 15, God through the prophet Isaiah, gives us a strong assurance of His unfailing faithfulness: "I will not forget you" Isn't that so liberating and assuring?

The vs 16 further expounds on God’s faithfulness: Such great promise—“I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; your walls are continually before me”. Now, that’s worth pondering over. Though this promise was specifically to Jerusalem, it’s a promise we can apply to our lives. With a writer’s imagination, I see our lives as images or pictures in God’s palms. He sees us every day.  


Things might not always go as you expect. Sometimes your mind might go wandering and wondering: “Where is God?” Don’t panic! No detail of your life misses the eye of God. He has every detail of your life before Him. Only believe—let go of the worry and struggle. Let Him into your situation. There's a scripture I use often and love: 

...all things work together for good to them who love God, to them who are called according to his purpose…. (Romans 8:28).  

In my personal life, I have moved this scripture from my head into my heart and I believe it whole heartedly. All things truly work together for good. Be encouraged in whatever situation you find yourself. God is faithful

No comments:

Post a Comment

When Was The Last TIme You Read The BIble? TIps To Help You

You know this popular children chorus right? Read your Bible. Pray every day (repeat 3 times). Read your Bible. Pray every day....