Saturday 20 July 2013

A GRANDCHILD OF GOD?

John 3
  • 5:Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
  • 6:That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
I am about to make a very controversial statement and you have to take me on in the context of the statement if you have to.There's one major difficulty in living a fruitful Christian life; and that is been born into a Christian home or having Christian Parents.

Let me explain. If you were born into a Christian home(2nd generation christian), chances are that you are going to grow up knowing everything about Christianity---going to Church, having morning devotions and becoming accoustomed to Christian living. You probably are going to even become highly moral and self-rigtheous. The biggest danger is that you are going to walk around believing you're a Christian because your parents are Christians---God is your grandfather.

I know how it feels been born into a Christian home, However, at a particular point in my life, it became a problem because I was continously faced with the question of “are you saved?“,“where will you spend eternity? “do you have Jesus in your life?“ and truth be told, they were very troubling questions for me because I thought to myself: “but I am a Christian, I don't need to answer these questions?“ But when left on my own, those same questions came back haunting me. I knew I had to answer those questions one day. I thank God I took that bold step and asked Jesus into my life. I became born again.

Friend, don't be deceived. You are not a christian because your parents are christians. God has only children---sons and daughters---not grandsons and granddaughters. If you have been born into a christian home and haven't ever asked Jesus into your life, please take some time off and consider the hard truth: YOU HAVE TO BE BORN AGAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When Was The Last TIme You Read The BIble? TIps To Help You

You know this popular children chorus right? Read your Bible. Pray every day (repeat 3 times). Read your Bible. Pray every day....