Friday 12 July 2013

YOUNG BUT WISE


JOB 32(NIV)

This is an awsome scripture, no wonder the book of Job is categorised as Poetry/wisdom book, I just stopped reading, stood and clapped for this young man called Elihu...Let me share portions of Job 32 with you. If you are a young person, believe what you have, it will make lots of difference, believe with all your heart and speak when you have to speak---wisely!

  • 2 But Elihu son of Barakel the Buzite, of the family of Ram, became very angry with Job for justifying himself rather than God. 3 He was also angry with the three friends, because they had found no way to refute Job, and yet had condemned him.4 Now Elihu had waited before speaking to Job because they were older than he. 5 But when he saw that the three men had nothing more to say, his anger was aroused.6 SO ELIHU SON OF BARAKEL THE BUZITE SAID:“I AM YOUNG IN YEARS, AND YOU ARE OLD; THAT IS WHY I WAS FEARFUL, NOT DARING TO TELL YOU WHAT I KNOW.7 I THOUGHT, ‘AGE SHOULD SPEAK; ADVANCED YEARS SHOULD TEACH WISDOM.’8 BUT IT IS THE SPIRIT IN A PERSON, THE BREATH OF THE ALMIGHTY, THAT GIVES THEM UNDERSTANDING.9 IT IS NOT ONLY THE OLD WHO ARE WISE, NOT ONLY THE AGED WHO UNDERSTAND WHAT IS RIGHT 10 “Therefore I say: Listen to me; I too will tell you what I know. 11 I waited while you spoke,I listened to your reasoning; while you were searching for words,12 I gave you my full attention. But not one of you has proved Job wrong; none of you has answered his arguments…17 I TOO WILL HAVE MY SAY; I TOO WILL TELL WHAT I KNOW. 18 FOR I AM FULL OF WORDS, AND THE SPIRIT WITHIN ME COMPELS ME; 19 INSIDE I AM LIKE BOTTLED-UP WINE, LIKE NEW WINESKINS READY TO BURST. 20 I MUST SPEAK AND FIND RELIEF; I MUST OPEN MY LIPS AND REPLY. 21 I will show no partiality, nor will I flatter anyone; 22 for if I were skilled in flattery,  my Maker would soon take me away.

If we fast track to Chapter 42, You see God coming on the scene to rebuke Eliphaz, Bildad and Zophar. Where is Elihu in God's rebuke? I believe he spoke the truth to a large extent, so he was spared.

  • 7 After the LORD had said these things to Job, he said to Eliphaz the Temanite, “I am angry with you and your two friends, because you have not spoken the truth about me, as my servant Job has. 8 So now take seven bulls and seven rams and go to my servant Job and sacrifice a burnt offering for yourselves. My servant Job will pray for you, and I will accept his prayer and not deal with you according to your folly. You have not spoken the truth about me, as my servant Job has.” 9 So Eliphaz the Temanite, Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite did what the LORD told them; and the LORD accepted Job’s prayer.


Elihu! Not bad for a son's name at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When Was The Last TIme You Read The BIble? TIps To Help You

You know this popular children chorus right? Read your Bible. Pray every day (repeat 3 times). Read your Bible. Pray every day....